As you may already know, my last blog post was a short story called Only in the Night. I don’t normally let people read my work, so it was a big deal for me to share it with you. Luckily, it seemed to go down well and I may share another short story in a couple of weeks.
Sharing one of my stories was a bit like sharing a part of me (1, 2, 3 . . . awwww), which has now led me to write this blog post. Don’t expect any deep confessions, this is just for fun . . . I don’t want to get into trouble with the law!
Just kidding . . .
- I played the saxophone for a few months in school. I always fancied myself as a bit of a Lisa Simpson, but when I had to choose between Music and Art in school . . . I chose Art, which meant I had to quit the sax. I was forced to study French which I wasn’t interested in, but had to give up something I truely enjoyed. Sometimes you have ever to wonder about the education system *shakes head.
- I hate avocado. I just don’t understand what the big deal is about it?
- I never went to any of my secondary school discos. It wasn’t me. I had no interest in going so I literally stayed in and read books.
- I have never been in a fight. Plenty of arguments, but never fisticuffs.
- I had my first kiss at age 13. And it was bleurgh!
- I correctly chose the Man of The Match during an Old Firm Game. I won 3rd price for guessing Chris Sutton in 2002 (or 2003, can’t remember), but never received my price! Boooo!
- I had a pet Dalmatian called Levi. He was fat and lazy and I loved him.
- I have read just about all of Stephen King’s books. He will always be the greatest.
- I think His Dark Materials is better than the Harry Potter series. I’m a Potterhead, but still think Philip Pullman’s work is far superior.
- Queen are my favourite band. And I have a tattoo to prove it.
- I got my first tattoo at age 16. It’s a tramp stamp, but tasteful.
- I have 5 tattoos and 10 piercings. All the piercings are in my ears.
- The only Valentine’s cards I have ever received are from my husband. I was a bit of a loser growing up. Maybe if I’d went to a few school discos . . .?
- When I was a toddler I escaped from my house and ran three streets away to the chip shop in just my nappy. I’m still a grubber.
- I prefer white bread to brown bread. It toasts better.
- My family and friends took me to Amsterdam for my hen do. And it was one of the best weekends I’ve ever had.
- As I write this I am watching Designated Survivor. I love Keifer Sunderland.
- I could happily watch horror movies all day long. Was scared of my own shadow growing up, but have always had a morbid curiosity.
- I won awards for both college courses I completed. I can be a swot if I put my mind to it.
- I’ve been on radio. Granted, it was a supermarket radio station, but it still counts.
And there you have it! Twenty not-so-interesting facts about me. I could list more, but you’re probably bored already.
Tell me something interesting, or not-so-interesting, about you.
Keep smiling x